Well just for the fun of it I’ve decided to post some of Fashion random facts I bet you didn’t know about lol
- An item of clothing is considered vintage if it dates back from 1920 to 1960. Anything after this date is considered retro
- Early bras were made from two handkerchiefs tied together by ribbon.
- Most lipsticks contains fish scales
- In their quest for an hour-glass figure, some Victorian women wore corsets so tight that they suffered broken ribs.
- It’s only quite recently, about 200 years, that children have had different clothes from those of adults. Earlier, they just wore smaller sizes
- The skirt is the second oldest women’s garment in history.
- Married men in France use more cosmetics than their wives.
- The use of perfume goes as back as the Egyptian era, where they would use perfume in religious ritual.
- Fashion designers of the 1500s showed their designs by crafting doll clothes versions of their fashions and taking them to show because they had no models.
- Modern women can’t live without jewelry. But it was men who started wearing jewelry in the first place to demonstrate their social status
- Some time ago only unfaithful wives used to wear short hair. The hair was cut short to mark the stamp of infamy.
- Today natural bushy eye brows are in vogue, but during the Renaissance period fashionistas used to shave their brows off ex: take a look at the Monalisa.
- Everyone has seen buttons on sleeves of jackets but few people know that it was Napoleon Bonaparte who introduced this idea so his soldiers wouldn’t mop their running noses using sleeves.
- In the 15th century pregnancy was so fashionable that girls who didn’t expect babies used to put small pillows under their clothing to create the illusion of baby-bumps.
- YSL became one of the first designers to present pret-a-porter fashion collections to the public in 1960-s.
- Marie Antoinette wasn’t into showing skin, she wore gowns buttoned up to her neck while bathing.
Well if you know any more random facts please do share!