Jeans…. the most basic yet essential piece in your wardrobe. It always seems like it’s the easiest thing to buy but as you go shopping you realize after trying on like 15 pairs of jeans that nothing fits right! I guess the problem here is not the jeans itself, It’s actually that your shopping the trend without paying attention to what you should or shouldn’t be wearing. You have to understand we all have different body shapes, so when you’re shopping you need to buy the style that best fits you’re shape.
Apple Figure: Now women with an Apple shape figure have more of an undefined waist because they carry more weight around their tummy, they have larger busts and broader shoulders as well. But the good thing is that most Apple’s have narrower hips and slim legs which gives them a wider selection of jeans to choose from.
- Buy jeans that have a flat front with a rise that is lower than your natural waist from the front, curving to a higher rise at the back for comfort ” to keep any un necessary things from showing if you get what I mean”.
- The wider the waistband the better since thin waistband tend to dig in your tummy fat creating “muffin top” syndrome (where your “love handles” stick out of your jeans, very unattractive!)
- Avoid button up jeans as they will add bulk onto your tummy area.
- Since Apple’s have flatter bums then we usually need some sort of optical illusion here, so the trick is to buy jeans with flap pockets to give it some depth and curved shape back yokes that outlines a curvy heart shape to it .
- Well when it comes to colors go for lighter shades as it makes your thighs look fuller which balances out the proportions of your body, other wise you’ll draw more attention to your chest and tummy.
I know we all love skinny jeans but darling they’re just not for you because they will emphasize on your upper half of the body. You need jeans that will balance things out, so you can choose anything from straight leg jeans to flares whichever you wish, just remember the wider the legs the better.
Pear Figure: As Egyptians you’ll find that a higher percentage of women here have pear shape figures. Women with these figures have narrow waists, smaller busts, wider hips and fuller thighs. It’s almost a nightmare to shop for jeans when it comes to this shape because to find a perfect fit for the hips they end up buying a size bigger , which leaves a gap at the back of the waist, eventually you kind yourself stuck in the dilemma of having to choose between your waist or hips.
- Lycra is your friend when it comes to jeans for curvy women, don’t buy classic rigid denim because the jeans need to flex with our bumps and not flatten them.
- Go for wider waistbands with a medium front rise ( only a few cms below your belly button) curved to a higher back rise , they really flatter your waist.
- Buttons or zips on jeans’ front need to be minimal, avoid any bulky side pockets or side button detail.
- Don’t buy jeans with small back pockets, they can make your bum look bigger even worse if there is any details on the pocket such as beading or embroidery. Instead go for medium-sized pockets that angle slightly toward the center and are placed a bit higher than mid bum level to help make it look sexier. Another thing make sure the back yoke line is wide and slightly triangular because it’ll make your waist appear wider also it prevents gaping and hugs the lower back a lot better.
- Always go for dark shapes because trust me they do give more of a slimming effect. That does not mean you can buy dark jeans with fading around the upper leg because we don’t want any focus on that upper leg area. But if you do like that effect buy dark jeans with fading below the knee. it can also work well for you besides it elongates the legs.
The shape and cut of the jeans golden rule here is to stick to cuts that hug your hips but have volume in the leg to even out your curves. Boot cut jeans is your best choice, the widening of the leg below the knee will help balance out the wide hips and thighs, as the added width to the lower part of you leg will make them look smaller. Straight leg jeans could look good as well depending on the size of your hips, depending on your hip size. I’d recommend you wear them with higher heels as this will lengthen your look and make your hips look smaller.
If you really want to invest in that perfect jeans then I would definitely recommend you buy True religion, they have amazing fits for curvy women but a bit costy though.
Hour Glass Figure: Aka the Coca-cola bottle shape as guys like to call it here, probably the most envied of all the shapes. Women with hour glass figures are round and curvy, with a well-defined waistline, fuller hips and bust and generous thighs. Buying the right pair of jeans shouldn’t be much of problem because their body proportions are naturally evened out but you still need to keep some points in mind while shopping.
Hour Glass Shape
- you should ideally wear jeans that have a smaller cut mid rise waist, this will help you achieve that beautifully fitted look from waist to hips.
- With fitting in mind, stretch denim jeans can be the perfect choice and will give you movement and comfort for your shapely figure.
- Avoid establishments on back pockets and try to keep it to the minimal.
- Like pear shape you should go for dark colors without the wash out effect around the upper legs because we don’t want those hips or thighs area to look any bigger then you’ll lose that balance you have. But
To balance out your hips choose jeans that have a slightly flared, wide leg or boot cut. You can wear skinny jeans but preferably with high heels to elongate your legs.
Rectangular Figure: Some women tend to have more of a boyish figure with an undefined waist, narrower hips, and small bust. You can still work with your body frame and make it look sexy, you just need to be careful with what you’re wearing. I think the only trick here to create those curves is making the waist look smaller and the hips wider.
- Low rise jeans with wide waistbands (preferable of thicker material) that fall on the fullest part of your hips will add a few centimeters to your waist. Besides, they break up the vertical line of your body helping you balancing out the length of your torso by taking away some of the length from your legs.
- Bleaching or fading effects on the thighs and bum can add contour and help create the illusion of curves.
- Luckily for you, you’ve been blessed with a frame that can get away with wearing any colour of jeans so enjoy it .
- Create some curves in your bum by choosing styles with flap pockets and decorative detailing on the it.
Skinny jeans that tightly fit and jeggings are like your body shapes best friends, they enhance your hips making them look curvier and make your legs look longer and slimmer which any other body shape would kill to have. If you want more of a shape then find yourself a fit’n flare jeans, than can bring out your bum and thighs and also adds volume to your legs. Whatever you do stay away from boyfriend cuts or baggy jeans they only emphasize your square figure.
So to wrap things up, when buying jeans don’t buy a size smaller in order to feel better trust me a muffin top is not a great look. Always be careful of the details at the back,where the , both placement and size of the pockets have great effect on how well your bum will look. Notice the back yoke and choose the one that makes your jeans have a better fit without gaping. Fading effects does affect the shape of your legs so be careful when buying because you need to know what you need to emphasize and what you don’t.
Hope these tips were helpful enough for you.